Further Useful References
- Rich Ling, "The Mobile Telephone and Teens" in The Mobile Connection: The Cell Phone's Impact on Society. San Francisco: Morgan Kaufmann, 2004.
- The mobileYouth website provides insights into youth mobile behaviour and consumption habits.
- Keep your kids safe. Take a look at Cellphone Safety.
Anxiety and Cellphones
- Article on Spanish teenagers who are addicted to their cellphones.
Cellphones at School
- Article on the need to ban cellphones from classrooms by creating "cellphone lockers" at schools.
- The University of New Hampshire released this article on Online "predators" and their victims. Bear in mind this may not be limited to Chat Rooms.
- Guidelines for Parents of children on Mxit.
- Mxit also gives us their Top 10 things to keep in mind when in a chat room.
- Article on sex danger in chatrooms.
- Article on how police stung chat room “sex message dad”.
- Article on kidnap alert after teenage girl goes missing.
- Article where father wants Mxit banned.
- The University of New Hampshire Crimes against Childrens Research Centre released this article in March 2011: Sexting: A Typology